Dell Medical School (DMS) at The University of Texas at Austin is seeking exceptional clinical leaders to join the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at the Assistant or Associate Professor level, with specialization interest in IBD.
As part of The University of Texas at Austin, one of the nation’s leading research universities, the Dell Medical School will pursue innovation in the re-design of healthcare delivery, excellence in healthcare research, and programs in interdisciplinary and inter-professional education. Dell Med has partnered with a number of care delivery organizations in the Austin / Travis County community, including the Seton-Ascension system, Community Care (a large Federally Qualified Health Center network), and the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Dell Medical School’s mission is to revolutionize how people get and stay healthy by:
- Educating leaders who transform health care;
- Evolving new models of person-centered, multidisciplinary care that reward value;
- Advancing innovation from discovery to outcomes;
- Improving health in our community as a model for the nation; and
- Redesigning the academic health environment to better serve society.
Consistent with the mission of the Dell Medical School and Department of Internal Medicine, the focus will be ensuring the delivery of high quality, value-based care. Clinical responsibilities will include inpatient consults and call, outpatient clinical care and endoscopic procedures. The clinical work load will include general gastroenterology and an opportunity to develop the Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) Center. Enjoy an established referral base with our robust primary care network in partnership with Ascension Seton. This position will also have opportunities for educational leadership with the ACGME accredited inaugural Gastroenterology and Hepatology Fellowship.
This position comes with a UT Dell Medical School faculty appointment and access to professional development resources at UT Austin, CME opportunities at Dell Medical School, and all of the resources of an academic medical center. UT System employee benefits, including an employer funded Optional Retirement Program (ORP )and generous match, are part of the total compensation. For additional information on benefits see: https://hr.utexas.edu/prospective/benefits
COMMUNITY INFORMATION — LIVE AND WORK IN AUSTIN, TEXAS!
Known for its eclectic live-music scene and many parks and lakes, Austin, Texas, is ranked
by Business Insider as the #1 place to live in America.
• No state income tax in Texas
• One of the strongest economies in the country
• Warm weather year-round and endless opportunities for outdoor recreation
• Five-star shopping, dining, arts and entertainment, and an international airport
• An incredibly family-friendly city with some of the top public and private schools in
the state + multiple colleges and universities
Interested Candidates Apply Here: